Should I let my doctor know if I’m taking chromium?

Tell your doctor if you are taking chromium supplements or are thinking of doing so. Many people take chromium to help control their blood sugar. If you do this, tell your doctor, because chromium could affect how insulin and other drugs to control blood sugar affect you. Chromium can also have an affect on other drugs you might be taking, including beta-blockers such as Inderal (propanolol) or Tenormin (atenolol), insulin, nicotinic acid (niacin), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) (such as aspirin, Advil (ibuprofen), Aleve (naproxen)), Feldene (piroxicam), or Indocin (indomethacin), or corticosteroids.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
What is cobalt?
Cobalt is a mineral found in nature, generally in the crust of the earth and used in a variety o...
What is manganese?
Manganese is a mineral. It is a key contributor to a number of bodily functions, including bone grow...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young