Can too much copper make me sick?

Yes, too much copper can make you sick. Generally, an overdose of copper is very rare. But for some people, their genes may leave them extra sensitive to copper poisoning. For example, if you have Wilson's disease, which is inherited, it would cause your body to retain too much copper. The mineral would build up in your liver, brain and other tissues. The result could be serious illness, such as from the liver damage of hepatitis.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fo...
Should I let my doctor know I take cobalt?
Always talk to your doctor before taking any new supplement or medication to avoid possible inte...
Is chocolate a good source of iron and minerals?
Emilia KlappEmilia Klapp
Quality chocolate made with a good amount of cocoa powder is rich in iron and minerals. You can ...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young