How can I take chromium?

Chromium deficiency is very rare. When it does happen, deficient people are given prescription chromium tablets or injections. People who want to take supplemental chromium can choose from a variety of tablets, soft gels, or capsules containing chromium picolinate. This form of chromium is probably absorbed better by the body than other forms. Chromium is usually added to multivitamin and mineral pills and is also available in a combination with other supplements.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
Why should I consume the right amount of trace minerals?
Dariush Mozaffarian, MDDariush Mozaffarian, MD
Too much of one trace mineral can cause or contribute to a deficiency of another; for example, a min...
What are non-essential minerals?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
The non-essential minerals are minerals that are not required for human nutrition. In fact, many of ...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young