Can calcium cause stomach bloating?

Adequate doses of the mineral calcium are vital to bone health and muscle function, but too much can leave you bloated and ballooning around the waist. One of the best sources of calcium is dairy, which can be hard on your digestive tract as it contains lactose, a difficult-to-digest sugar.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fo...
Should I let my doctor know I take cobalt?
Always talk to your doctor before taking any new supplement or medication to avoid possible inte...
Why should I consume the right amount of trace minerals?
Dariush Mozaffarian, MDDariush Mozaffarian, MD
Too much of one trace mineral can cause or contribute to a deficiency of another; for example, a min...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young