What do balanced levels of potassium and sodium prevent?

Maintaining a diet that balances your body's levels of potassium and sodium can aid in preventing and/or treating heart disease, high blood pressure, hypoglycemia, diabetes, and kidney disease or kidney stones.

The daily recommended dietary intake of potassium is 4700mg. While supplements can help you reach this goal, the best sources of potassium occur naturally in a delicious variety of foods.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Feel Stronger with This Mineral
Feel Stronger with This Mineral
Been feeling like a wet dishrag lately? Could be you're low on magnesium. Magnesium is a multitasking mineral, and one of its jobs is to power up our...
Why do I need minerals in my diet?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
Minerals are divided into major minerals and trace minerals. Minerals are used in nerve impulse tran...
What is cobalt?
Cobalt is a mineral found in nature, generally in the crust of the earth and used in a variety o...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young