Are chromium polynicotinate supplements safe?

First of all, it's important to keep in mind that there are two main types of chromium. Supplements use trivalent chromium (chromium 3); one of the forms is chromium polynicotinate, also called chromium nicotinate. (Other forms in supplements are chromium chloride, chromium picolinate, high-chromium yeast, and chromium citrate.)

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
Is cobalt safe for pregnant women or nursing mothers?
No one knows if it's safe for pregnant women or nursing mothers to take cobalt supplements. Ther...
What minerals do I need in my diet?
A number of minerals are found in either large or trace amounts in our bodies, all of which are nece...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young