Is phosphorus an antiviral?

Phosphorus is not an antiviral and does not treat viral infections. It is a mineral that, along with calcium, is absorbed by bones and teeth and helps them to grow and become stronger. Also, phosphorus keeps cells and tissue healthy by helping to generate protein from fats and carbohydrates. Additionally, phosphorus contributes to providing energy for the body by helping to form ATP, a molecule used to store energy.

Continue Learning about Phosphorus

Who should use phosphorus?
Phosphorus supplements are used by people with too little phosphorus in their diets, which may lead ...
How does phosphorus work?
Phosphorus and calcium are absorbed by bones and teeth, helping them to grow and become stronger. Ad...
Should I let my doctor know I'm taking phosphorus?
Because it can interact with a number of different medicines, you should let your doctor know if...
What are good foods to eat that are low in phosphorus?
dotFITdotFIT
Low Phosphorus Fruits, (One Carbohydrate Serving (15 grams)) Apples, plums, tangerines one small fr...