How does phosphorus work?

Phosphorus and calcium are absorbed by bones and teeth, helping them to grow and become stronger. Additionally, phosphorus keeps cells and tissue healthy by helping to generate protein from fats and carbohydrates. Phosphorus also contributes to providing energy for the body by helping to form ATP, a molecule used to store energy.

Continue Learning about Phosphorus

What are the main food sources of phosphorus?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
The top food sources for phosphorus are: Oat bran Halibut Wild salmon Soybeans Sunflower...
Is phosphorus safe for pregnant women or nursing mothers?
The effect that phosphorus has on pregnant and breast-feeding women is currently unclear. It is ...
Should I let my doctor know I'm taking phosphorus?
Because it can interact with a number of different medicines, you should let your doctor know if...
Are there any risks in taking phosphorus?
Taking phosphorus involves some risks, as it might cause serious side effects, such as lightheadedne...