Why is awareness difficult for Westerners to accept?

Master Stephen Co
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Awareness is difficult for Westerners to accept because we’re a society that values aggressiveness and action. We have a don’t-just-sit-there-do-something approach to problem-solving. We scoff at the apparent passivity of mindfulness and awareness, which can seem to represent a don’t-just-do-something-sit-there attitude. As you practice awareness in these direct clearing techniques, however, you will come to realize its powerful healing capability.

Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Energy Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery from Common Health Problems

What if one of the most effective tools you have to restore your health is not surgery or medications, but your own hands? Incredibly, your hands can heal you -- with the "energy medicine" of Pranic...

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Chair Yoga: Maintaining Your Comfort Zone
Photo Credit: Vincent Gallegos, via Flickr Creative Commons To stay true to your needs during your yoga postures, you may need more support than just...
What is balneotherapy?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Many of my patients find long-lasting relief with balneotherapy, or the use of hot baths or spas...
How can I keep my energy body clean?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
It takes work to keep your energy body clean. Because you are part of a dynamic bioenergetic system,...
What Elements Make an Athlete Extra-Successful?