Where can I practice mindfulness?

Sheri Van Dijk
Psychiatry
You can practice mindfulness wherever you'd like and wherever you can! With informal exercises, obviously, you'll be practicing anywhere and everywhere: in the car when you're driving, at the dinner table while you're eating, on the living room couch when you're watching TV, and so on. For formal exercises, you might want to go to a quiet room in order to minimize the distractions, and some people like to dedicate a room (or a small area in the house) to their practice so they can set it up as a calming environment. But remember that mindfulness is not about clearing your mind; in mindfulness, distractions will just be accepted and acknowledged, so it's not necessary to eliminate distractions.
Calming the Emotional Storm: Using Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills to Manage Your Emotions and Balance Your Life

When you have difficulties managing your emotions, it can feel like you’re losing control of your whole life. Anger, hurt, grief, worry, and other intense feelings can be overwhelming, and how you...

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

What are the navel chakra and the meng mein chakra?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
The navel chakra is located at the navel and is one of the body’s main power centers. It controls th...
How often do I need a day of rest?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
Be sure to take a full day of rest, once a week. In some cultures, the day of rest is called a "Sabb...
Does Relaxation Therapy Help Treat Anxiety/Stress?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?