What is the seventh chakra or crown chakra?

The crown chakra is home of our connection to the higher Self, or spiritual Self. It infuses the body with life force, allowing the entire individual to function as a divine creature, intelligently connected to Spirit. It oversees all the functions of the body through the central nervous system.

Foods like plum and eggplant can nourish this chakra, but this chakra is different than the rest in one way. The crown chakra is in some ways more "spirit" than "matter." Therefore, the crown chakra thrives on the sustenance that comes from sunlight, air, and love.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Shape Your Thoughts to Shape the Life You Want
Research shows that it takes about 66 days to form a new habit. It varied for each person but it was somewhere between 2 and 8 months. The study also ...
Can my child or teen use mindfulness to deal with low self-esteem?
Gina M. BiegelGina M. Biegel
Children and teens can harbor negative thoughts about themselves that lead to low self-esteem. I...
What is mind-body medicine?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
The field of mind-body medicine teaches that the invisible energies of thought, feeling, attitud...
What Is Mind/Body Spirituality?
What Is Mind/Body Spirituality?