What is the second chakra or sacral chakra?

Two inches below the navel and rooted in the spine we find the sacral chakra. It is the seat of our creative force, sexuality, sensuality, and emotions. A healthy second chakra allows us to "go with the flow." It connects us to the world through movement, sensation, desire, and feelings.

One of the most important things you can do to help balance this chakra is drink sufficient water. It is closely associated with the water element in our bodies. Our kidneys, associated with the second chakra are filtering 150-180 liters of blood every 24 hours. If your blood is too thick, imagine what can happen in this chakra. If you are getting enough water, then they function much more efficiently. Organs associated with this chakra represent vitality, sexual energy, and overall stamina.

Foods that support this chakra are tropical fruits, seeds, nuts, and orange-colored foods (oranges, tangerines, carrots, etc.).

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Shape Your Thoughts to Shape the Life You Want
Research shows that it takes about 66 days to form a new habit. It varied for each person but it was somewhere between 2 and 8 months. The study also ...
Are energetic baseline variations an indicator of health problems?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
The size of your aura varies throughout the day and night, as your energy level is affected by many ...
How can I reduce stress in the evening?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
Here are some ways to reduce stress in the evening. Avoid things that may cause you to feel energ...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?