What are the risks of using mind-body therapies?

If you have a mental health condition, mind-body therapy can make your signs and symptoms worse. You may feel bad if you cannot finish a program that is set up for you. If you do not heal from a disease, or a medical condition gets worse, you may believe that mind-body therapy caused this to happen. Your pain may not decrease or go away if you choose mind-body therapies instead of other medicines and procedures. Ask your healthcare provider if mind-body therapies are right for you.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Shape Your Thoughts to Shape the Life You Want
Research shows that it takes about 66 days to form a new habit. It varied for each person but it was somewhere between 2 and 8 months. The study also ...
What if I don't have an ideal partner for healing in my life?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Two things can be said about this. First, you can seek out professional help and ease into deep trus...
What are tips for practicing mindfulness?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
Here are 10 tips for practicing mindfulness: Use the following five steps to practice mindfulness:...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?