What is body manipulation?

Body manipulation is a complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) approach that teams the body and mind to promote health. Yoga is a part of ancient meditative practices of Hinduism and Buddhism. But the benefits of yoga extend far beyond spiritual well-being. Yoga movements combined with conscious breathing techniques not only bring fitness, flexibility, and relaxation to those who practice it regularly, but it can also counteract depression, insomnia, anxiety, stress, and high blood pressure. Breathing with intention and humming through the process is thought to increase nitric oxide, a potent gas that keeps blood vessels wide open, a great help to people with hypertension.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Chair Yoga: Maintaining Your Comfort Zone
Photo Credit: Vincent Gallegos, via Flickr Creative Commons To stay true to your needs during your yoga postures, you may need more support than just...
How do my chakras indicate a health problem?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
The size of your chakras, like the size of your general aura, is constantly expanding and contractin...
What is the role of neurosignatures when I imagine or visualize an event?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Recent scientific data support the intriguing fact that your body cannot tell the difference bet...
Does Relaxation Therapy Help Treat Anxiety/Stress?