What is balneotherapy?

Many of my patients find long-lasting relief with balneotherapy, or the use of hot baths or spas to alleviate pain. This centuries-old therapy helps to increase muscle relaxation, boost blood supply to the site, and relieve rigidity and spasms in the muscles of patients with fibromyalgia, arthritis, back pain, menstrual discomfort, and most other types of pain. Epsom salts or bicarbonate of soda can also be added to therapeutic warm baths to assist in pain relief and detoxification. If you suffer with abdominal or menstrual cramps or pelvic pain, a sitz bath -- a warm water bath that covers the lower abdomen, hips, and buttocks -- can sometimes give almost instant relief. Some women add Epson salts to the warm sitz bath to increase healing.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

What is the goal of my healing journey?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
My soul will lead me to healing. I will become one with my true self. This is an affirmation abou...
Are energetic baseline variations an indicator of health problems?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
The size of your aura varies throughout the day and night, as your energy level is affected by many ...
What Elements Make an Athlete Extra-Successful?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?