What is the fourth chakra or heart chakra?

The essence of light is love, and love is what nourishes all of the chakras. In ancient scriptures they describe a place within the heart where the soul dwells “within the heart there is a luminous consciousness which is intelligent, imperishable, and effulgent.” The heart chakra is the source of a loving, compassionate vibration that transforms feelings into emotional wisdom, kindness, and compassion. A healthy heart chakra has the power to transform love into healing for all, including your self, others, and the planet. Because love is the most nourishing energy, the heart chakra has the ability to balance all the other chakras through its expression of love.

Any green-colored foods such as broccoli, kale, chard, and all other leafy greens are a great source of balance for this chakra. Also, when you cook with love it infuses the food with this vibration and nourishes not just the body but also the soul by balancing all of the chakras.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

What does living from the heart mean?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
Living from the heart is what takes place when people find the energy to make big changes or decisio...
What is the goal of mindfulness?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
As you practice mindfulness, it's important to remember that you have no goal other than to spen...
Chanting Can Make You Heal Faster
Chanting Can Make You Heal Faster
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?