What is the fifth chakra or throat chakra?

The throat chakra is the link between our hearts and mind; it's all about truth. A healthy throat chakra will communicate and express the emotions, thoughts, and feelings of the other chakras through sound in a way that is authentic and true.

The throat chakra is responsible for the sensory organs of the body, including the lips, tongue, nose, mouth, and ears, as well as the larynx, pharynx, and throat. It has a very important effect on metabolism through the thyroid gland.

Kelp, blueberries, and blue raspberries are foods that encourage balance in the throat chakra.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

What is the role of neurosignatures when I imagine or visualize an event?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Recent scientific data support the intriguing fact that your body cannot tell the difference bet...
How can I reduce stress in the evening?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
Here are some ways to reduce stress in the evening. Avoid things that may cause you to feel energ...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
What Is Mind/Body Spirituality?
What Is Mind/Body Spirituality?