What does inner healing involve?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Inner healing involves moving from darkness to the light. "Light" is a word that has different meanings yet is generally understood as love and understanding. Love nurtures the emotional body; understanding fills the voids created by pain.

Light has the power to fill the void afflicted by darkness. Healing yourself comes in two stages -- releasing the energy of suffering, then replacing it with the soul's energy. It is a gentle process, very much like holding on to a thread as it leads you from step to step. What begins as the merest hint of new strength will grow. Your true self is always available to meet any challenge, find any answer, and show you the way out of any dilemma.

What matters is your connection to this true self. In fear and isolation your soul seems aloof, with no power at all. But this is a perception born of following the ego, which all of us have done. If you take the time to listen to the voice of the soul -- where the ego is silent -- you will be astonished at the power you have at your command, however long it has been overlooked. No other discovery in life is as joyful as regaining your true self. Falling in love is the only comparable event, yet it is temporary and depends on another person, the beloved. Your true self is forever and depends upon no one but yourself. When they say that suffering ennobles a person, this means that with the impetus of crisis, old habits and perceptions are uprooted. The unknown makes itself felt, and if you open yourself to it, the meaning of the soul reveals itself as a truth that you never anticipated before the crisis began. In this way every suffering is seen to contain a hidden spiritual message.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

What are the crown chakra and the forehead chakra?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
The crown chakra is located at the top of the skull and energizes and controls the brain and the pin...
How can a health problem indicate a blocked chakra?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
Diseases are often linked to a blockage in the related chakra; so in addition to the recommendations...
What Elements Make an Athlete Extra-Successful?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?