What are energy fields?

When it comes to the human body, we can talk about energy in terms of calories, and we can talk about energy in terms of the cellular energy that's generated by mitochondria, called ATP. But there's a different level of energy that we should all think about: energy fields. It's a part of medicine that we don't fully understand, this relationship between the energy inside the cell and the energy outside the cell. It's the energy that allows us to see force fields in electromagnetic photographs of an amputee's "phantom limbs" in the place where the limbs once were. It's the energy that allows one part of the body to have an effect on another, even though there seems to be no clear chemical connection—for instance, through acupuncture or reflexology.

If you hang around long enough, we might even identify an underlying energy to prayer. It's these energy fields—your life force, your chi, your intangible aura—that we believe will be the next great frontier of medicine. Your nerve cells, in fact, touch stem cells in the liver, which might explain a more direct connection between the mind and self-healing. Many people believe that it's through these energy fields that prayer may work for them—and, thus, how the mind-body connection works. And it may go on to explain why other things work, like the aging process.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

How can I perform the energetic remedy for my earache?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
 Perform the following steps to provide the energetic remedy for earache:1.Ear minor chakras (locate...
Are energetic baseline variations an indicator of health problems?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
The size of your aura varies throughout the day and night, as your energy level is affected by many ...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Chanting Can Make You Heal Faster
Chanting Can Make You Heal Faster