What are chakras?

Chakras are energy centers in your body; different chakras correspond to different areas in the body and push energetic information there. In this video, ayurvedic expert Kulreet Chaudhary, MD, describes how the chakra system is organized. 

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Chair Yoga: Maintaining Your Comfort Zone
Photo Credit: Vincent Gallegos, via Flickr Creative Commons To stay true to your needs during your yoga postures, you may need more support than just...
What is the Slow Medicine Wheel of Health?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
Remember this nursery school song? The knee bone is connected to the thigh bone; the thigh bone is c...
What is the second chakra or sacral chakra?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
Two inches below the navel and rooted in the spine we find the sacral chakra. It is the seat of ...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?