What are the navel chakra and the meng mein chakra?

Master Stephen Co
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

The navel chakra is located at the navel and is one of the body’s main power centers. It controls the large and small intestines and affects the birth process. In many Eastern systems, particularly those derived from Taoist teachings, practitioners are taught to focus on the navel chakra during meditation to build up energy.

The meng mein chakra, or “gate of life,” is located on the back between the kidneys directly opposite the navel chakra. This is a key power center, for it acts as a pumping station for energy from the basic chakra. It controls the kidneys, adrenal glands, and upper urinary tract, as well as the blood pressure.

Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Energy Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery from Common Health Problems

What if one of the most effective tools you have to restore your health is not surgery or medications, but your own hands? Incredibly, your hands can heal you -- with the "energy medicine" of Pranic...

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Shape Your Thoughts to Shape the Life You Want
Research shows that it takes about 66 days to form a new habit. It varied for each person but it was somewhere between 2 and 8 months. The study also ...
How can I improve the effectiveness of visualization techniques?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Create a mental picture of anything you want to eliminate - say your flabby forearms. Visualize it i...
What is the goal of mindfulness?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
As you practice mindfulness, it's important to remember that you have no goal other than to spen...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?