What are the navel chakra and the meng mein chakra?

Master Stephen Co
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

The navel chakra is located at the navel and is one of the body’s main power centers. It controls the large and small intestines and affects the birth process. In many Eastern systems, particularly those derived from Taoist teachings, practitioners are taught to focus on the navel chakra during meditation to build up energy.

The meng mein chakra, or “gate of life,” is located on the back between the kidneys directly opposite the navel chakra. This is a key power center, for it acts as a pumping station for energy from the basic chakra. It controls the kidneys, adrenal glands, and upper urinary tract, as well as the blood pressure.

Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Energy Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery from Common Health Problems

What if one of the most effective tools you have to restore your health is not surgery or medications, but your own hands? Incredibly, your hands can heal you -- with the "energy medicine" of Pranic...

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Can I cure myself through thought?
Andrew WeilAndrew Weil
There is an undeniable link between your thoughts and your overall health. In this video, Dr. Weil e...
What is the first chakra?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
Located at the tip of the cocyx (tailbone), this chakra is associated with the color red and the...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
What Elements Make an Athlete Extra-Successful?