How can I use visualization and imagery to relax?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Remember the last time you were on vacation and it embodied every definition of that word? You can go there any time you like -- and reap the relaxing rewards -- using your imagination. All it takes is a quiet spot, an easy chair or place to lie down, and 10 to 15 uninterrupted minutes. Eyes closed, bring to your mind an image of the place where you felt peaceful and happy. Now scan the scene from top to bottom, left to right and "see" little details -- the way the sun reflected off the water or the appearance of a decadent dinner. What sounds did you hear? How did the air smell? Relive as many things as you can. Feel the pure pleasure of being in that space and time. You'll soon feel as relaxed as if you'd actually been there. You can then open your eyes and be prepared to maximize your time and energy better.
Mom Energy: A Simple Plan to Live Fully Charged

From celebrated dietitian Ashley Koff and fitness trainer to the stars Kathy Kaehler comes Mom Energy, an exciting new way for moms to tap into their own natural and renewable sources of...

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Shape Your Thoughts to Shape the Life You Want
Research shows that it takes about 66 days to form a new habit. It varied for each person but it was somewhere between 2 and 8 months. The study also ...
Can my child or teen use mindfulness to deal with low self-esteem?
Gina M. BiegelGina M. Biegel
Children and teens can harbor negative thoughts about themselves that lead to low self-esteem. I...
What is the proper hand posture for energizing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Yoga is a great way to bring energy through your body and by energy, not the energy you receive from...
What Elements Make an Athlete Extra-Successful?