How do I begin the healing process?

Bob Livingstone
Marriage & Family Therapy
The first step is to come to terms and accept that you have an emotional pain and/or trauma that you cannot seem to work through. This step comes along with the understanding that you are not weak or less than because you have what seems like an insurmountable problem. The issues you may be facing are: The death of a loved one, loss of a job, breakup with a partner or a physical health crisis. Your options at this point will be to ask yourself emotional pain questions and note the answers, devote a specified time to work on your issue(s) and/or seek out professional therapy. Eat healthy and exercise regularly. It will take time to discover what option(s) are the most effective for you. So, please be patient with yourself.
Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
With this first affirmation we begin the healing process. From there ninety-nine other expressions of spirit follow, one for each day. All together they summarize the process of emotional and spiritual healing. They shift our attention from the external world to the inner world, which is the source of light. Suffering threatens to make life meaningless. That is its greatest danger, not the pain it inflicts. It is up to each of us to restore meaning. Doctors cannot do it for us with their medicine; friends cannot do it for us with their solace and comfort. You are healed when you can say to yourself, "I matter, I belong, I am worthy, I am safe, I can express myself, I am loved."

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Are energetic baseline variations an indicator of health problems?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
The size of your aura varies throughout the day and night, as your energy level is affected by many ...
How should I start practicing mindfulness?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
To practice living mindfully, set aside times each day when you consciously stop and focus on wh...
Chanting Can Make You Heal Faster
Chanting Can Make You Heal Faster
Does Relaxation Therapy Help Treat Anxiety/Stress?