How do I begin the healing process?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
With this first affirmation we begin the healing process. From there ninety-nine other expressions of spirit follow, one for each day. All together they summarize the process of emotional and spiritual healing. They shift our attention from the external world to the inner world, which is the source of light. Suffering threatens to make life meaningless. That is its greatest danger, not the pain it inflicts. It is up to each of us to restore meaning. Doctors cannot do it for us with their medicine; friends cannot do it for us with their solace and comfort. You are healed when you can say to yourself, "I matter, I belong, I am worthy, I am safe, I can express myself, I am loved."
Bob Livingstone
Marriage & Family Therapy
The first step is to come to terms and accept that you have an emotional pain and/or trauma that you cannot seem to work through. This step comes along with the understanding that you are not weak or less than because you have what seems like an insurmountable problem. The issues you may be facing are: The death of a loved one, loss of a job, breakup with a partner or a physical health crisis. Your options at this point will be to ask yourself emotional pain questions and note the answers, devote a specified time to work on your issue(s) and/or seek out professional therapy. Eat healthy and exercise regularly. It will take time to discover what option(s) are the most effective for you. So, please be patient with yourself.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Shape Your Thoughts to Shape the Life You Want
Research shows that it takes about 66 days to form a new habit. It varied for each person but it was somewhere between 2 and 8 months. The study also ...
What is the second chakra or sacral chakra?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
Two inches below the navel and rooted in the spine we find the sacral chakra. It is the seat of ...
What is the relationship between the chakras and the endocrine system?
The endocrine system plays a major role for the body's daily health. The glands release hormones...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?