How do I practice visualization or guided imagery?

Take a time-out in a quiet surrounding without distractions. You can sit in a comfortable chair, lie on your bed, or even sit outdoors and enjoy the peacefulness of nature. During this time, try to visualize or imagine a calm, relaxing scene. This might be a retreat spot you have enjoyed at the seashore or by a lake in the mountains. Focus on this relaxing place, and attempt to recapture the moment as you envision the sounds, smells, textures, and feelings you would experience. Become aware of your breathing and anxiety level as you focus, and do not let outside stimulus disrupt your imagery time.
The Women's Guide to Ending Pain: An 8-Step Program

Are you one of the 80 million North American women suffering from the chronic pain of:* Menstrual cramps* Fibromyalgia* Headaches * Carpal tunnel syndrome* Back or neck pain?Starting today, you can...

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

What does inner healing involve?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Inner healing involves moving from darkness to the light. "Light" is a word that has different meani...
How can I communicate positively with my body?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
According to the latest medical studies, communicating positively with your body causes measurab...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Chanting Can Make You Heal Faster
Chanting Can Make You Heal Faster