How do guided imagery and positive affirmations improve mental health?

George Joseph
Addiction Medicine
Guided imagery and positive affirmations are very powerful in helping achieve a paradigm shift in one's thinking. This concept has been handed down through generations. We see it in our Twelve Step meetings through slogans and the Prayer of Serenity. It is very clear that where one's thoughts go, energy flows. In other words, what you believe is what you manifest in your life. This includes depression, anxiety, and even corresponding coping methods such as addictions and obsessive-compulsive behaviors.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

What is shiatsu?
Howard S. SmithHoward S. Smith
Shiatsu is a healing touch therapy that works similarly to acupressure and acupuncture. This ancient...
What are the steps in higher-level thinking?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Higher-level thinking is a more advanced form of self-awareness that helps you clear negative emotio...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
What Is Mind/Body Spirituality?
What Is Mind/Body Spirituality?