How do I use imagery?

Imagery is used to learn, rehearse or strengthen a behavior. Imagery is implemented using a script about the behavior which includes the use of all of the senses, written in a positive tone, and performing the behavior in the correct way. That script is then rehearsed over and over before the behavior, during the behavior and after the behavior in part or in the whole form. Rehearsal of behaviors in this way allows the muscles to fire as if the behavior was actually taking place.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

How can I become an optimist?
Pessimism and optimism are really just two ways of thinking about the same thing. Rather than trying...
What is mind-body medicine?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Mind Body medicine acknowledges the intricate relationship between our emotional health and our phys...
What Is Mind/Body Spirituality?
What Is Mind/Body Spirituality?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?