How do I use imagery?

Imagery is used to learn, rehearse or strengthen a behavior. Imagery is implemented using a script about the behavior which includes the use of all of the senses, written in a positive tone, and performing the behavior in the correct way. That script is then rehearsed over and over before the behavior, during the behavior and after the behavior in part or in the whole form. Rehearsal of behaviors in this way allows the muscles to fire as if the behavior was actually taking place.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Shape Your Thoughts to Shape the Life You Want
Research shows that it takes about 66 days to form a new habit. It varied for each person but it was somewhere between 2 and 8 months. The study also ...
How do I begin the healing process?
Bob LivingstoneBob Livingstone
The first step is to come to terms and accept that you have an emotional pain and/or trauma that yo...
How can I use visualization and imagery to relax?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Remember the last time you were on vacation and it embodied every definition of that word? You can g...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?