How do I use imagery?

Imagery is used to learn, rehearse or strengthen a behavior. Imagery is implemented using a script about the behavior which includes the use of all of the senses, written in a positive tone, and performing the behavior in the correct way. That script is then rehearsed over and over before the behavior, during the behavior and after the behavior in part or in the whole form. Rehearsal of behaviors in this way allows the muscles to fire as if the behavior was actually taking place.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Chair Yoga: Maintaining Your Comfort Zone
Photo Credit: Vincent Gallegos, via Flickr Creative Commons To stay true to your needs during your yoga postures, you may need more support than just...
How often do I need a day of rest?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
Be sure to take a full day of rest, once a week. In some cultures, the day of rest is called a "Sabb...
How can I find fulfillment in life?
Finding fulfillment in life is another way of saying “how do we feed ourselves and what do we need t...
What Elements Make an Athlete Extra-Successful?