How can I communicate positively with my body?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
According to the latest medical studies, communicating positively with your body causes measurable chemical and hormonal changes that boost the immune system and stimulate a healing response.

To communicate positively with your body, imagine light, energy, a color, your favorite music, or water moving down your body. Thank your brain, spinal column, and brainstem for orchestrating the function of your body. Tell your eyes "thank you" for all the beauty you have seen. Tell your ears "thank you" for all the times you have heard "I love you." Continue this process, acknowledging and showing gratitude for every organ and system of your body.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Chair Yoga: Maintaining Your Comfort Zone
Photo Credit: Vincent Gallegos, via Flickr Creative Commons To stay true to your needs during your yoga postures, you may need more support than just...
What is the fifth chakra or throat chakra?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
The throat chakra is the link between our hearts and mind; it's all about truth. A healthy throa...
How can mindfulness help me to accept reality?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
Mindfulness is an important part of reality acceptance, since you have to be aware of your fight...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?