Do healing systems recognize the body as an energetic entity?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

Sadly, modern medicine is still mired in its mechanistic/chemically based paradigm and fails to recognize the body as an energetic entity. But, many ancient healing traditions of the East are built on this principle and have utilized it to treat people for millennia. Healing systems, like acupuncture, reiki, therapeutic touch, and qigong all seek to redirect or facilitate the flow of energy through the body, thereby improving health.

I am a certified reiki master, which sounds like I scratch people with a garden tool at some S & M club, but actually just means that I have learned to focus energy in my own body to facilitate healing in others. I know it sounds wacky. Trust me, coming from a family of medical doctors, I was skeptical at first. But, after I went through the training and began using it on my family and saw the results, I became a believer. Now my kids beg me for it whenever they feel sick.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

How can I perform a simple projection visualization exercise?
Simple projection can enhance your ability to energize by helping focus your attention and energizin...
Are energetic baseline variations an indicator of health problems?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
The size of your aura varies throughout the day and night, as your energy level is affected by many ...
Chanting Can Make You Heal Faster
Chanting Can Make You Heal Faster
What Is Mind/Body Spirituality?
What Is Mind/Body Spirituality?