Do healing systems recognize the body as an energetic entity?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

Sadly, modern medicine is still mired in its mechanistic/chemically based paradigm and fails to recognize the body as an energetic entity. But, many ancient healing traditions of the East are built on this principle and have utilized it to treat people for millennia. Healing systems, like acupuncture, reiki, therapeutic touch, and qigong all seek to redirect or facilitate the flow of energy through the body, thereby improving health.

I am a certified reiki master, which sounds like I scratch people with a garden tool at some S & M club, but actually just means that I have learned to focus energy in my own body to facilitate healing in others. I know it sounds wacky. Trust me, coming from a family of medical doctors, I was skeptical at first. But, after I went through the training and began using it on my family and saw the results, I became a believer. Now my kids beg me for it whenever they feel sick.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Shape Your Thoughts to Shape the Life You Want
Research shows that it takes about 66 days to form a new habit. It varied for each person but it was somewhere between 2 and 8 months. The study also ...
How should I start practicing mindfulness?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
You'll be more likely to continue practicing mindfulness if you start with something that isn't ...
What is the basic premise of higher-level of thinking?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
The following story illustrates the principle of higher-level thinking. Two men were fishing on the ...
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?