Do I need a teacher to practice mindfulness?

UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
It is possible to learn mindfulness from a book. It is very helpful to have the support of someone guiding you. This could be through a live teacher or even through a meditation recording. There are many things you can learn through books, but likely you will encounter questions you will need to ask a teacher for help.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

Chair Yoga: Maintaining Your Comfort Zone
Photo Credit: Vincent Gallegos, via Flickr Creative Commons To stay true to your needs during your yoga postures, you may need more support than just...
What are subliminal messages?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
A subliminal message is a message that is delivered below "limen," which means below the threshold o...
How can I become an optimist?
Pessimism and optimism are really just two ways of thinking about the same thing. Rather than trying...
What Is Mind/Body Spirituality?
What Is Mind/Body Spirituality?