Can my child or teen use mindfulness to deal with low self-esteem?

UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Teenagers can benefit from mindfulness to help with low self-esteem. The concept of self-compassion involves using mindfulness to be aware of negative self-talk, cultivating a state of mind through practices of kindness towards oneself, and the recognition of a shared humanity (they are not the only person going through this difficulty).
Gina M. Biegel

Children and teens can harbor negative thoughts about themselves that lead to low self-esteem. In this video, psychotherapist Gina Biegel talks about how kids can use mindfulness to stop beating themselves up and increase their self-confidence.

Continue Learning about Mind-Body Therapies

What is the first chakra?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
Located at the tip of the cocyx (tailbone), this chakra is associated with the color red and the...
How can a health problem indicate a blocked chakra?
Diseases are often linked to a blockage in the related chakra; so in addition to the recommendations...
Does Relaxation Therapy Help Treat Anxiety/Stress?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?
Can I Cure Myself Through Thought?