How do I perform cleansing exercises?

Some yoga poses can help with cleansing the body via stimulation of digestion, relaxation of the diaphragm, and detoxification of the liver.  To find out more information on cleansing exercises, contact a yoga practitioner that specializes in cleansing techniques. 
Pam Grout
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
  1. Sit in a comfortable chair.
  2. Inhale deeply through the nose.
  3. Exhale through a puckered mouth, shaped like an "o" as if you were blowing out a candle.
  4. Repeat three times.
  5. Let out a few deep sighs.
  6. Repeat steps two through four, remembering to drop your shoulders.
  7. Visualize yourself letting the air out of a tire.
Jumpstart Your Metabolism: How To Lose Weight By Changing The Way You Breathe

If you've tried every conceivable combination of diet and exercise and still can't shed those extra pounds, then perhaps you haven't discovered the hidden key to weight loss -- proper breathing. By...

Continue Learning about Mind/Body Exercise

Boost Performance with Motivational Self-Talk
Wouldn’t it be great if you could change your body so you could swim better or run faster when you worked out? Well, Canadian researchers have shown y...
Should I worry about taking a yoga or barre class if I have a bad knee?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
Knee problems are one of the most common issues we hear about in our barre3 classes. Luckily, th...
What are the benefits of Pilates and yoga?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
Other forms of exercise that can be a terrific supplement to your regimen of aerobics, strength trai...
What Triggered the Use of Vigorous Exercise to Treat Parkinson's Disease?