Although goat's milk is not typically an allergenic food, like cow's milk it contains the milk sugar lactose and can produce adverse reactions in lactose-intolerant individuals. Goat's milk is minimally lower in lactose than cow's milk (with 4.1 percent milk solids and 4.7 percent, respectively).
- Q How does pasteurization affect milk?
- Q How can I choose the most nutritious milk?
- Q Who is at risk of getting sick from raw milk?
- Q What precautions are advised for drinking cow's milk?
- Q What are the health benefits of nonfat milk?
- Q What are the benefits of milk for my child?