What precautions are advised for drinking goat's milk?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Although goat's milk is not typically an allergenic food, like cow's milk it contains the milk sugar lactose and can produce adverse reactions in lactose-intolerant individuals. Goat's milk is minimally lower in lactose than cow's milk (with 4.1 percent milk solids and 4.7 percent, respectively).

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Milk & Health

Drink Up for Better Bones
Drink Up for Better Bones
Know which drink the YOU Docs recommend for better bones? Hint: It's not milk. Well, not regular milk, anyway. In their book YOU: Staying Young, Real...
How can I include milk in my diet?
Keri GansKeri Gans
Here are some ways you include more milk in your diet: Switch from whole milk to lower fat varie...
Oat, Almond or Cow? How to Pick the Perfect Milk
Oat, Almond or Cow? How to Pick the Perfect MilkOat, Almond or Cow? How to Pick the Perfect MilkOat, Almond or Cow? How to Pick the Perfect MilkOat, Almond or Cow? How to Pick the Perfect Milk
Here are seven dairy and plant-based options to try today.
Build Muscle Mass With This Protein
Build Muscle Mass With This Protein