Does almond milk contain cholesterol?

None. Only animal products contain cholesterol. Cholesterol is synthesized in the body of living things.

Thanks Dr. Marco, I would also like to add how amazing the flavor is.

My wife and I were turned on to almond milk a few months ago and we use it in everything including our protein shakes and cereal. We have recommended it to several clients as well.  

One thing I would like to note about almond milk is that it contains much less protein than regular cows milk. Almond milk is wonderful but if you are switching from cows milk to almond milk make sure you make up for the difference in protein lost from the elimination of cows milk.

PS -- In our grocery store they started selling coconut milk as well.
Marco Di Buono
Almond "milk" is obtained from grinding almonds in water.

Because almonds do not contain cholesterol themselves, it stands to reason that almond "milk" is also free of any cholesterol.

While there are very few commercially-available almond "milks," the nutrition information for these products confirms that they are entirely free of cholesterol.

Continue Learning about Milk & Health

Drink Up for Better Bones
Drink Up for Better Bones
Know which drink the YOU Docs recommend for better bones? Hint: It's not milk. Well, not regular milk, anyway. In their book YOU: Staying Young, RealA...
Is it safe to drink raw milk that has tested negative for bacteria?
Even negative tests do not guarantee that raw milk is safe to drink. People have become very sick fr...
What are the benefits of milk for my child?
When you think of what your child gets from milk, you probably think of calcium, but milk is also a ...
Why Organic Milk Is Best
Why Organic Milk Is Best