What are the flashes of light that occur before I get a migraine?

Steven A. Meyers, MD
Diagnostic Radiology
You are describing migraine with aura. The aura refers to the visual disturbance you describe, which occurs in about 15-30% of migraine sufferers.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headaches

An Electric Band May Prevent Migraines
An Electric Band May Prevent Migraines
When Jay Silverheels portrayed Tonto in TV’s The Lone Ranger, he wore a simple headband across his forehead. Johnny Depp amped up the character’s cost...
What's the best way to talk with my doctor about my migraines?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
When you are initially seen for your headaches, you will likely have many questions about your h...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with migraine headaches?
When caring for someone with migraine headaches, keep in mind that the disorder significantly affect...
What Triggers Migraines and How Can They Be Controlled?