What are the flashes of light that occur before I get a migraine?

Steven A. Meyers, MD
Diagnostic Radiology
You are describing migraine with aura. The aura refers to the visual disturbance you describe, which occurs in about 15-30% of migraine sufferers.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headaches

9 Questions to Ask Yourself About Migraines
It's important to evaluate your migraine treatment from time to time. Get started by asking yourself these questions.
Whom should I see to get help for migraines?
Steven A. Meyers, MDSteven A. Meyers, MD
I always recommend that patients start with their primary care doctor. The majority of migraine ...
5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious
5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious
Learn the signs that make neurologists worry. 
As You Look Into Future Treatment for Migraine, What Are you hoping for?