What are the other phases of a migraine beside the postdrome phase?

The phases of a migraine headache include the prodrome phase, the aura phase, the headache phase, the termination phase, and the postdrome phase. In the prodrome phase you can experience psychological, neurological, or physical symptoms. In the aura phase you can experience symptoms like flashing lights and geometric patterns in your vision as well as a numb or tingling sensation in parts of your body. The headache phase is a throbbing in the side of your head that spreads quickly. In the termination phase, you experience pain relief. The postdrome phase leaves you either irritable, melancholic, confused, or even elated and refreshed. Not every migraine sufferer has every phase; most, in fact, do not have an aura phase.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headaches

How Can I Take Advantage of a Telehealth Appointment for My Migraines?
Telehealth allows you to keep migraine appointments without having to visit a healthcare provider's office. In this video, Dr. Williams discusses tele...
Are migraine headaches more common in women than in men?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Mayo Clinic estimates that 17 percent of women have migraine pain, while only 6 percent of men do. M...
5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious
5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious
Learn the signs that make neurologists worry. 
If I Have Migraines Now, Will I Always Have Migraines?