What do I need to know about caring for someone with postdrome phase?

If you are caring for someone going through the postdrome phase, understand that they just went through a very painful ordeal. Once their migraine is finished they will have low blood flow to their brain and a possible hangover from their medication. This will result in confusion, alternating feelings of despair and elation, tiredness, and weakness. Make sure that they get enough rest and have enough to eat.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headaches

Migraine Phases and Silent Migraines
Migraine Phases and Silent Migraines
Most people associate migraines with headache pain, and for good reason—migraines are often painful. But migraines can include symptoms other than hea...
What do blood vessels have to do with migraines?
Mark W. Green, MDMark W. Green, MD
Migraine treatment used to focus on constricting blood vessels. In this video, Mark Green, MD, direc...
5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious
5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious5 Times Your Headache Is Something More Serious
Learn the signs that make neurologists worry. 
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Migraines?