How does the aura phase affect the body?

During the aura phase, waves of electrical impulses move throughout various areas of the brain. This can cause vision problems, speech problems, and other sensations. A migraine headache will follow these symptoms, and may last a couple of hours or days.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headaches

Migraine Phases and Silent Migraines
Migraine Phases and Silent Migraines
Most people associate migraines with headache pain, and for good reason—migraines are often painful. But migraines can include symptoms other than hea...
What's the difference between migraine, cluster, and tension headaches?
Migraines and cluster headaches are vascular headaches, while tension headaches are not. Cluster ...
What's the best way to talk with my doctor about my migraines?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
When you are initially seen for your headaches, you will likely have many questions about your h...
How Are Occipital Nerve Blocks Used to Treat Migraine?