How does the aura phase affect the body?

During the aura phase, waves of electrical impulses move throughout various areas of the brain. This can cause vision problems, speech problems, and other sensations. A migraine headache will follow these symptoms, and may last a couple of hours or days.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headaches

Is Your Headache a Migraine?
Is Your Headache a Migraine?
Nearly everyone has a headache at some point—some worse than others. But if the pain is really intense, you might assume you’ve got a migraine. Well, ...
What increases my risk of experiencing the aura phase?
About one-fourth of migraine sufferers experience the aura phase prior to an attack. People with a g...
What is the aura of a migraine?
Adel Olshansky, MDAdel Olshansky, MD
An aura is a part of the migraine that indicates a hyperprofusion of blood flow in the brain. In thi...
If I Have Migraines Now, Will I Always Have Migraines?