What migraine treatments should I use after my first trimester?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
If you're experiencing frequent, disabling migraine attacks after the first trimester, you will need to use prevention therapy. If non-medication prevention treatments (such as relaxation therapy and stress management) are not effective, you may need a prevention medication. In general, it's better for you and the baby to take a safe prevention drug than to use excessive analgesic medications or risk poor nutrition and dehydration.
The Woman's Migraine Toolkit: Managing Your Headaches from Puberty to Menopause (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

Migraines are a common, controllable type of headache that affects one in every six women, more than 20 million in the United States alone. The Woman’s Migraine Toolkit helps readers take charge of...

Continue Learning about Migraine Headache Treatment

Is there a cure for postdrome phase?
Since there is no cure for migraine headaches, there are also no cures for a migraine's postdrome ph...
Triptans do not work for me, is there an alternative?
MediGuardMediGuard
Triptans were the miracle of the late 1980's and 1990's. Just because one triptan has failed, does n...
5 Natural Headache Remedies
5 Natural Headache Remedies
How Can I Treat Migraine Headaches That Occur with My Menstrual Periods?