What are the treatment options for postdrome phase?

There is no cure for migraine headaches and many of the treatments deal with managing a headache rather than preventing or stopping one. Some preventative medications that have some success include beta-blockers like propranolol and timolol and calcium channel blockers like verapamil. Other studies show that tricyclic antidepressants help to manage a migraine. Daily preventative measures include avoiding foods that might trigger a headache, eating regular meals, getting enough sleep and trying to relax and reduce tension. It is possible that medications taken for migraines may be causing some postdrome symptoms; if you think this may be the case, ask your doctor.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headache Treatment

What can I do to shorten the duration of a migraine?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Acute treatments are often given as nasal sprays to speed delivery into the bloodstream. They also a...
What are non-drug ways to manage migraines if I'm pregnant?
Dr. Dawn MarcusDr. Dawn Marcus
Pregnancy is a great time to get motivated about incorporating effective non-drug migraine treatment...
Are There Different Types of Migraines?
Are There Different Types of Migraines?
Does Stress Contribute to Migraine?
Does Stress Contribute to Migraine?