Why does the postdrome phase affect women differently than men?

The 2008 National Health Interview Survey found that women were more likely to suffer from migraine headaches and the postdrome phase than men. This is thought to occur because of changing hormone levels and higher levels of estrogen. Likewise, migraine headaches are often triggered in women at the time of their menstruation. Additionally, some medicines that affect estrogen levels in women, like hormonal birth control, can also lead to migraines.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headache Symptoms

Can eye pain and headaches be related?
Dr. Manvi P. MakerDr. Manvi P. Maker
Eye pain and headaches can sometimes be related, especially if you require glasses (distance or near...
Should I talk to my doctor about my aura phase symptoms?
Because an aura phase could be a symptom of other types of neurological problems, such as a stroke, ...
What Is an Aura?
What Is an Aura?
Are Migraines Hereditary?
Are Migraines Hereditary?