Can the aura phase be prevented?

To prevent the aura phase and the migraine that follows it, you need to determine things that bring on your migraines. Medications, not getting enough sleep, and stress can all bring on a migraine attack. Medications and other treatment options can also help you prevent and manage migraines.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headache Prevention

News: FDA Approves New Drug for Migraine Prevention
Migraines, a type of moderate-to-severe headache, affect 39 million Americans and a whopping 1 billion people around the world, according to the Migra...
How do beta blockers help prevent migraines?
Beta blockers, such as propranolol and timolol, are used in preventive treatment of migraines. Th...
What can help me prevent a migraine on vacation?
Audrey L. Halpern, MDAudrey L. Halpern, MD
It’s great to finally get time off from work, but many aspects of vacations can trigger migraine...
What Does My Family Need to Know If I've Been Diagnosed with Migraine?