How is the aura phase diagnosed?

The aura phase is a sensation that some migraine sufferers experience prior to their headache. Migraines are usually diagnosed by ruling out other conditions through physical and neurological examinations. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computerized tomography (CT), and spinal taps are all possible tests your doctor can use to diagnose the condition.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headache Diagnosis

What is the rating scale for migraines?
Mark W. Green, MDMark W. Green, MD
A headache rating scale is sometimes used in clinical trials, but it's subjective. In this video, Ma...
How do I know if I have migraines?
Adel Olshansky, MDAdel Olshansky, MD
If your headache is more than four hours and is so severe that you're unable to live your normal lif...
Can Taking Over-the-Counter Medications for Migraine Be Dangerous?
Do Patients and Physicians Need to Be in Close Touch Over Migraine Medication?