What increases my risk for postdrome phase?

Your risk for postdrome phase depends upon the number and intensity of your migraine headaches. Individuals who develop migraine headaches usually have a history of them in their family. Additionally, the postdrome phase can last longer or shorter depending on the person as well as the medication that they took to stop their migraine headache. If tiredness is a factor in your postdrome phase, rest and sleep can help to eliminate those symptoms.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headache Causes

Can migraines during pregnancy affect my baby?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Women with migraines are not at increased risk for having a baby with birth defects or giving bi...
Who is most at risk for migraine headaches?
Dr. Egilius L. Spierings, MDDr. Egilius L. Spierings, MD
During childhood, migraine affects boys and girls equally. But after puberty, the situation shifts, ...
Are Preventative Medications for Migraine Over the Counter or by Prescription?
Is Migraine Linked to Other Conditions?
Is Migraine Linked to Other Conditions?