What causes postdrome phase?

The postdrome phase occurs as the very last phase of a migraine headache. The migraine is initiated by a change in the nervous system with the postdrome phase being the aftereffects of the headache. Since the postdrome phase leaves an individual with the feeling of a hangover, some researchers believe that it could be caused by irregular blood flow to the brain at the end of the headache. Others have proposed that some symptoms are caused by hormone production linked to the migraine. Some could also be caused by the migraine medications one takes during the headache.

Continue Learning about Migraine Headache Causes

What are some triggers for migraine headaches?
Dr. James D. Hudson, MDDr. James D. Hudson, MD
Migraine headaches are triggered by a combination of things. Dehydration, weather changes or two dri...
Do migraine headaches run in families?
Migraine headaches are hereditary. Consequently, if you have family members who have migraine headac...
As You Look Into Future Treatment for Migraine, What Are you hoping for?
What Should I Tell My Physician About My Migraines?