How often is it okay to get microdermabrasion?

Microdermabrasion is helpful for treating fine facial wrinkles, superficial age spots, sun-damaged skin, and clogged pores. This non-surgical procedure involves using a stream of crystals directed towards the skin, resurfacing the superficial layers. Chemical peels can be just as effective for removing the outer layer of skin, reducing fine lines and improving sun-damaged areas. Plastic surgeons I know suggest that these procedures can be repeated every few months for optimal results.

Continue Learning about Microdermabrasion

What should I know if I'm considering a microdermabrasion?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure that exfoliates top layer of skin, reducing the appearance...
How does microdermabrasion work?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
There is a lot of new and interesting scientific information about microdermabrasion.  When we first...
What is microdermabrasion?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
Microdermabrasion is a superficial exfoliating procedure that can make real improvements in the way ...
What is microdermabrasion for acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Microdermabrasion is a procedure in which fine crystals are blasted at the skin and then vacuume...