How often is it okay to get microdermabrasion?

Microdermabrasion is helpful for treating fine facial wrinkles, superficial age spots, sun-damaged skin, and clogged pores. This non-surgical procedure involves using a stream of crystals directed towards the skin, resurfacing the superficial layers. Chemical peels can be just as effective for removing the outer layer of skin, reducing fine lines and improving sun-damaged areas. Plastic surgeons I know suggest that these procedures can be repeated every few months for optimal results.

Continue Learning about Microdermabrasion

How does microdermabrasion work?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Microdermabrasion "sandblasts" the skin with aluminum oxide crystals that are immediately suctio...
What is microdermabrasion for acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Microdermabrasion is a procedure in which fine crystals are blasted at the skin and then vacuume...
What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion uses crystals or a diamond tip to lightly smooth the top layer of your skin. It is...
Is an at home microdermabrasion bad for me?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
There are many different home microdermabrasion kits available and it really depends on the ingredie...