Do at-home microdermabrasion kits really work?

A home microdermabrasion kit may work for you, depending on your skin type and condition. Talk to a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in treating skin, nail, and hair conditions) before using a home microdermabrasion kit. Microdermabrasion kits use natural remedies such as papaya and baking soda to gently remove dead skin cells. The kits can help treat mild and moderate acne and reduce acne scars. Ingredients in the products vary, so ask your dermatologist to recommend a product that may work best for you. Follow the directions carefully.

Continue Learning about Microdermabrasion

What is microdermabrasion for acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Microdermabrasion is a procedure in which fine crystals are blasted at the skin and then vacuume...
What does microdermabrasion do?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
This is a treatment in which fine, inert crystals made of aluminum oxide crystals or salt crysta...
Is an at home microdermabrasion bad for me?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
There are many different home microdermabrasion kits available and it really depends on the ingredie...
What should I know if I'm considering a microdermabrasion?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure that exfoliates top layer of skin, reducing the appearance...