Do at-home microdermabrasion kits really work?

A home microdermabrasion kit may work for you, depending on your skin type and condition. Talk to a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in treating skin, nail, and hair conditions) before using a home microdermabrasion kit. Microdermabrasion kits use natural remedies such as papaya and baking soda to gently remove dead skin cells. The kits can help treat mild and moderate acne and reduce acne scars. Ingredients in the products vary, so ask your dermatologist to recommend a product that may work best for you. Follow the directions carefully.

Continue Learning about Microdermabrasion

Is microdermabrasion effective in treating wrinkles and scars?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Over a million microdermabrasion procedures were performed in plastic surgeons' offices alone in...
What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion uses crystals or a diamond tip to lightly smooth the top layer of your skin. It is...
How often is it okay to get microdermabrasion?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
Microdermabrasion is helpful for treating fine facial wrinkles, superficial age spots, sun-damaged s...
What should I know if I'm considering a microdermabrasion?
Tara WhitworthTara Whitworth
Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure that exfoliates top layer of skin, reducing the appearance...