Is methanol poisoning serious?

Methanol poisoning is very serious; if not treated promptly it can lead to significant health consequences and death. Even with treatment, permanent visual impairment, blindness, and other physical disabilities can remain. Survivors of methanol poisoning may be left suffering with symptoms similar to Parkinson's disease or dementia. If left untreated until the poisoning is severe, death can result.

Continue Learning about Methanol Poisoning

What causes methanol poisoning?
Methanol poisoning occurs after exposure to methyl alcohol, also known as wood alcohol. Methanol is ...
Does the route of exposure to methanol affect methanol poisoning?
The route of exposure can affect the course of methanol poisoning in your body. Methanol exposure ca...
What are the long-term effects of methanol poisoning?
Even after treatment, severe methanol poisoning can leave survivors with long-term effects, usually ...
What should I do if I think someone has methanol poisoning?
Methanol poisoning can be deadly and treatment should begin immediately in suspected cases. If you t...