When can I stop taking Riomet?

Do not stop taking Riomet (metformin) until your doctor tells you that it's safe to stop, even if you're feeling well. Riomet affects the amount of glucose (sugar) in your blood, so if you stop taking it suddenly, your blood sugar levels may shoot up. If you're having bothersome side effects from Riomet or want to stop taking it for any other reason, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin Drug: The New Fountain of Youth?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide – but the big news has nothing to do with di...
Why does metformin make me nauseated?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
It appears that some people may be terminating metformin, a medication commonly prescribed for d...
Can Metformin cause kidney problems?
MediGuardMediGuard
Actually, metformin is usually not the original cause of kidney problems.  However, metformin is eli...
Who should not take metformin?
People with kidney, liver or heart problems may not want to take metformin because it can cause ...