What should I do if I miss a dose of Riomet?

Riomet is meant to be taken with meals. If you begin a meal and realize while still eating that you've forgotten your dose of Riomet, go ahead and take it. If you realize between meals that you've forgotten to take Riomet, wait until it's time to eat again before taking your next dose.

Don't take more than one dose at a time to make up for missed doses, and remember to monitor your blood sugar levels as directed to make sure they stay within a healthy range.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
Are runners more likely to get lactic acidosis from taking metformin?
Runners who take the diabetes drug metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet) and become dehydrated may be...
Could I be allergic to metformin?
It's possible to be allergic to metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet), a prescription medication that's...
Are there any risks in taking metformin?
Metformin can cause a rare but sometimes fatal condition called lactic acidosis. This is more co...