What should I do if I miss a dose of Glucophage?

If you miss a dose of the diabetes drug Glucophage (metformin), take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time to take your next dose, skip the missed pill and take your next dose at the regularly scheduled time. Don't take more than one dose at a time, and continue monitoring your blood sugar levels.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin Drug: The New Fountain of Youth?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide – but the big news has nothing to do with di...
Who should not take metformin?
People with kidney, liver or heart problems may not want to take metformin because it can cause ...
Is my metformin tablet working if it sometimes shows up in the toilet?
If you're taking extended-release metformin tablets for type 2 diabetes, the shell of the tablet m...
Can Metformin cause kidney problems?
MediGuardMediGuard
Actually, metformin is usually not the original cause of kidney problems.  However, metformin is eli...