What should I do if I miss a dose of Glucophage?

If you miss a dose of the diabetes drug Glucophage (metformin), take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time to take your next dose, skip the missed pill and take your next dose at the regularly scheduled time. Don't take more than one dose at a time, and continue monitoring your blood sugar levels.

Continue Learning about Metformin

Metformin: Could This Common Drug Prolong Your Life?
Metformin, a common prescription drug that’s used to treat type 2 diabetes, is making headlines worldwide—but the big news has nothing to do with diab...
Is metformin safe for long term use?
Most people have mild side effects with metformin. This drug is safe for long term use; however ...
Am I likely to get lactic acidosis from taking metformin?
Lactic acidosis -- a buildup of lactic acid in the body -- is a rare complication of taking metfor...
Do I always have to take metformin with food?
You should always take your metformin (Glucophage, Fortamet) with a meal, unless your doctor has g...